Foundation Trustee Training
Tuesday 27 April, 09:30 - 12:15
Understanding your investment responsibilities
This session is a perfect introduction to investment for charity professionals and budding charity trustees.
We covered the nuances behind charity investment, what to look out for when deciding what the best investment goals are for you, and how to implement those decisions when constructing a portfolio for your charity.
Session One: What can Charities invest in?
9.30 – 10.15
- Investment Powers
- The Investment Universe
Session Two: How do you construct an Investment Portfolio?
10.30 – 11.15
- Charity Investment in practice
- Investment risks & returns
- Multi-asset investing – past & future
Session Three: Building an Investment Policy Statement
11.30 – 12.15
- Understanding your charity’s needs and objectives
- Implementing your investment strategy
- Measuring performance - benchmarking