KEEPING YOU AND YOUR CLIENTS INFORMED
The Financial Conduct Authority (the “FCA”) wants to see firms doing more to protect consumers from harm in the retail financial markets. To address this, the FCA has introduced a new Consumer Duty that sets higher expectations for the standard of care that firms provide to consumers of retail financial products.
The Consumer Duty applies to firms, including Sarasin & Partners LLP (“Sarasin”), with a key role in delivering retail consumer outcomes, including those with no direct retail client relationship.
For example, it applies to firms that can determine or influence:
- The design or operation of retail products or services, including their price and value (including so called ‘product manufacturers and co-manufacturers’);
- Communications with retail clients; and
- Customer support for retail clients
Firms are considered product manufacturers if they create, develop, design, issue, manage, operate, or carry out a product or service. Sarasin is therefore a manufacturer of its:
- Discretionary Investment Management Services; and
- Model Portfolio Service
In respect of the range of Sarasin investment funds, Sarasin is a co-manufacturer, together with Sarasin Investments Fund Limited.
Firms that can determine or materially influence retail consumer outcomes need to consider the end clients in the distribution chain, whether or not they are a direct client of the firm. The Consumer Duty therefore requires manufacturers and distributors of retail products and services to work together and share information to perform our roles effectively and deliver good outcomes to retail clients.
The purpose of this section of our website is to clearly set out information which will help our clients make informed investment decisions in Sarasin products.
MODEL PORTFOLIO LITERATURE
The literature in this section includes general information on our Model Portfolio Service and Responsible Model Portfolio Service and aims to assist advisors with identifying the appropriate target market for these products. When identifying the appropriate target market, Sarasin considers the potential needs and objectives of retail consumers with characteristics of vulnerability.
As part of the Consumer Duty, firms who manufacture products and services for retail clients are required to regularly assess whether they provide fair value. At Sarasin, we have assessed the Model Portfolio Service and the Responsible Model Portfolio Service against each of the six elements within our Fair Value Assessment to determine whether the service provides fair value to investors. This Fair Value Assessment can also be found below.
SARASIN INVESTMENT FUNDS LITERATURE
The literature in this section includes information on:
- The Sarasin Charity Authorised Investment Funds; and
- Sub-funds of the Sarasin Funds ICVC
The literature also aims to assist advisors with identifying which target market is suitable for the Sarasin Funds listed below. When identifying the appropriate target market, Sarasin considers the potential needs and objectives of retail consumers with characteristics of vulnerability. We have also included our latest Assessment of Value for the Sarasin Fund range below.
- Sarasin Assessment of Value
- Sarasin Climate Active Endowments
- Sarasin Endowments
- Sarasin Food & Agriculture Opportunities
- Sarasin Global Dividend
- Sarasin Global Higher Dividend
- Sarasin Global Equity Real Return
- Sarasin Growth
- Sarasin Income & Reserves
- Sarasin Multi Asset - Strategic
- Sarasin Responsible Corporate Bond
- Sarasin Responsible Global Equity
- Sarasin Responsible Strategic Bond
- Sarasin Thematic Global Equity
- Sarasin Tomorrow's World Multi Asset
- Sarasin UK Thematic Smaller Companies
- Sarasin IE Diversified Endowments
- Sarasin IE Global Equity Opportunities - GBP
- Sarasin IE Global Equity Opportunities - USD
- Sarasin IE Multi Asset - Defensive GBP
- Sarasin IE Multi Asset - Dynamic GBP
- Sarasin IE Multi Asset - Dynamic USD
- Sarasin IE Multi Asset - Strategic EUR
- Sarasin IE Multi Asset - Strategic USD
- Sarasin IE Multi Asset Target Return
- Sarasin IE Sustainable Global Real Estate Equity
We partner with you to help preserve and grow the real value of your clients’ investments over time. Our range of model portfolios offer an all-in-one solution to asset allocation, fund selection and risk management, within a cost-effective service that provides value for money for your clients.
At the core of each portfolio is an allocation to our thematic funds, aimed at generating sustainable returns. This is complemented by a range of solutions from the breadth of the market, adjusted for various risk appetites.
A key element of our service is our award-winning client reporting, which is renowned for being innovative, transparent, and concise.More about Model Portfolios
RESPONSIBLE MODEL PORTFOLIOS
Through a range of responsible model multi-asset portfolios, we aim to preserve and grow your clients’ capital in a sustainable manner over time.
These portfolios go beyond mere exclusions. It sets a higher threshold on environmental, social and governance issues and truly embeds them at the heart of the investment process.
At the core of each portfolio is an allocation to our thematic funds, aimed at generating sustainable returns. It is complemented by a range of solutions from the breadth of the market, adjusted for various risk appetites.
A key element of our service is our award-winning client reporting, which is renowned for being innovative, transparent and concise.More about Responsible Model Portfolios
Our distinctive thematic approach, underpinned by sustainability, helps us find global opportunities within structural growth trends.
We offer a range of funds in various asset classes, enabling you to construct a balanced portfolio suited to your client's risk appetite.More about Sarasin Funds
Should you require any further information or have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us at [email protected]