CFG Advanced Investment Training
TUESDAY 16 NOVEMBER | 09:30-12:15
Tuesday 16 NOVEMBER | 09:30 - 12:15
In conjunction with Charity Finance Group, Sarasin & Partners sponsor online training events to help you grow your investment understanding and what investment options could work for your charity.
Aims of the course:
- Build on your knowledge of asset classes covered in the Foundation course, turning theory into practice and ensuring you develop the right investment policy for your organisation.
- Consider how to monitor your investment manager, understand different performance tools, styles of management, timing of investment and various means of implementing your policy.
- Understand Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) factors and how they might apply to and impact your portfolio.
Session one: Long-term multi-asset investing in practice
09:30 - 10:15
- Past and future investment returns: planning for a low growth future.
- Income, sustainable withdrawals and total return investing: how to develop the right policy for your organisation.
Session two: Portfolio measurement
10:30 - 11:15
- How to choose and monitor your investment manager.
- Understand performance: consider the different performance tools, benchmarking, style factors that influence performance and the importance of timing of investment.
Session three: Stewardship and ESG
11:30 - 12:15
- What do we mean by Environmental Social and Governance (ESG) and how to incorporate it into your portfolio.
- Does ESG impact on performance and what are the differences between ESG approaches?